The tangy zing of lemon mixed with the popping freshness of a blueberry is a fantastic marriage of flavours. Now add to that a little bit of more zing of lemon curd and BOOM, you have yourself a lovely little taste explosion. We enjoyed making this and enjoyed eating it even more!
This recipe has been adapted from a number of sources (BBC food, Easy Living magazine amongst others) so we don’t claim this is our own recipe but we have adapted it to suit our own tastes.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 red peppper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 7 super chilli chillies
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Chop the garlic and red pepper and add to the pan.
- Add in the celery salt, oregano and paprika and cook on a gentle heat for 3 minutes.
- Chop the chillies. Keep the seeds in, you want the heat!
- Add the chillies into the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- If you're unsure of the heat intensity then you can add a few chillies at this stage and taste.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- When cool to touch, transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and blitz! You're looking for a thick consistency.